Wednesday, August 30, 2006

 

Auckland Department of Corrections. (A.C.R.P)

Caroline Aroh was an approved visitor with the Auckland Central Remand Prison since September 2004, which I visited my husband Frank regularly unto 17 October 2005, when the Prison Manager (Mr Mack Herewini) sent a letter stating.... I had been banned for 3mths, and that I was jointly charged of Exportation of a classA drug with(no identity) nevertheless I was charged 27 April 2005, in which the Prison was aware of as I notified the Prison, but as far, the officer in charge was concerned, I was approved. The Prison allowed me to continue my visits.

I wrote to Mr Grenville Bell 'Head Officer' in Wellington hoping the Decission would be overturned. However it did not. Mr Grenville stated in his report, when the ban expires 17 January 2006, I could therefore reapply to visit.

I was sent a new application on the 11 January 2006, which I filled out, and posted. To my suprise another letter from the Department of Corrections A.C.R.P, '13 January 2006, stated the ban had been extended by a further 6mths, and that I was not allowed on the prison premises nor the beginning of Lauder road and should Frank need money, phonecards to get someone else to drop it off using (PARRS).

I sent a fax to Mr Bell in Wellington, pleading with the man as to know the real reasons behind my ban. Mr Bell stated in his letter I was a security risk, and that I had a confrontation with an prison officer, and the officer did the tangiweto boogie to Management. Indeed, but theres nothing wrong in telling the officer to go do his job properly (hes a public servant for crying out loud) it goes with the job.

However, Frank and I made complaints to the Ombudsman in which he intervened and finaly on the 8 May 2006, I was sent a fax stating a time to visit, but by this time 'not able to visit for 8mths, I was not interested, but in saying that the Prison had a family day(recently) in which I made that visit but have not been back since, only to drop off money, phonecards, and property.

Here are 2 examples

I know a woman who smuggled in some smoke, the husband got caught, and she was banned. After 3mths, the woman was back visiting the husband. The same woman who was banned got to visit her husband 1-time, and the Prisonguards never knew, thats how stoopid they are.

I know of a remand prisoner who was in F-Unit, the wife, and husband were up on serious drug charges conspiracy etc, she visited the husband, until he was sentenced.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?